Monday, October 08, 2007

Asterix and Obelix to the Rescue

Last night before I went to my flat I decided to go for a walk. The weather was cold, about -4 C, but bearable, and it was snowing, very pretty. So off I went, and it was most enjoyable. I arrived back at my flat ready for a warm drink and supper....not so!!

I got to my front door, pushed the key into the outer security door lock and turned it as normal...and the bloody key snapped off in the lock!!

I tried to use a bit of force to see if I could get it open....then the handle came off!!

So there I was, in one hand a broken off key and in the other the broken off handle. Sometimes life can be a bit of a pain!

I then went to the car to see if I could find something a bit bigger and stronger to force the door. I found the infamous folding snow shovel. Well it’s better than nothing....not so!!

I jammed the snow shovel into the space between the door and the jam and leaned on it with all my might....and the shovel blade bent like it was made of plastic!!

I needed help. I made a few phone calls and found that there were a couple of our Russian warehouse men still at work. So off I went to get them and hopefully a crow bar or something similar.

The two guys I found were the spitting image of Asterix and Obelix. One was small and bossy and the other was immense and a bit slow.

They took about 2 minutes to break the door in using huge crowbars and a sledge hammer, inspiring great confidence in my security.

But the amazing thing about this whole episode was the fact that even with all the hammering and sound of breaking wood not a soul came to see what was going on!!

7 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger The middle child said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger The middle child said...

By Totatis! Did you spit roast them a wild boar in thanks?

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger kelly said...

Hmmm... and what's wrong with calling a locksmith?

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Freezerburntbrit said...

My dear in the workers paradise getting a locksmith out at 8pm on a Sunday evening, even if one could be found, is NOT PERMITTED!!

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

At least they didn't bring the bard...

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Better stay away from driving in freak blizzards this year...now that you've lost your trusty shovel.

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I wish you could take a picture of Asterix and Obelix. I love them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home