Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Black Snow

Over the last few days there has been an incredible thaw with feet of snow disappearing almost overnight. This has left a rather odd legacy....black snow!

From what I can figure the white snow has melted and in that white snow were small amounts of dust, dirt, what have you ("what have yous" can be almost anything, from old beer bottles to frozen drunk locals). The snow melts the dirt and dust doesn't. So as more and more snow melts the exposed layers get darker and darker as more and more dirt is left behind

With me so far?

Not only is the snow black but so are the melt puddles, actually small lakes, that have formed on the roads. The cars are black, even the white ones. The packs of town dogs have all turned black too... nothing has been spared.

This place of pristine whiteness has turned into a vision from hell almost overnight

12 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Blogger The middle child said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger The middle child said...

Woah there Don Imus!! Easy on the terminology! Let's refer to it as 'Other than caucasian snow', or perhaps, 'snow of color'. You don't want The Very Reverend Al Sharpton descending upon your lilly white self, do you?

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger The middle child said...

I think I'm going to rename myself 'Blog Stopper', 'cause EVERY time I post a blog, everyone else goes mute. I'm like the bane of this site. Screw you all for making me feel like I'm a lone voice in this internet abyss. It's like an [African American] hole.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Katrushka said...

Not mute . . .just waiting for you to take the next step and begin your discussion of "yellow snow" and offend another people group.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Freezerburntbrit said...

We have yellow snow here too, it's were the dogs have....well anyway!

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Offend a people group? Welcome to the satirical world of us half-breed mutts. We are equal right offenders. Ourselves included

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger kelly said...

Is someone starting a Don't Offend the Snow move in Narnia?

No need for Paranoia, I don't think either Al Sharpton, or Jesee Jackson would ask for your resignation if you call the dirty snow, black snow.

However, if you find olive snow you can call it "Latino Snow" in honor of my people group!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger The middle child said...

Yeah! If you can't stand the heat, get out of the...frozen arctic north.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Katrushka said...

Oh no . . . no offense at all. Just looking for some equal opportunity "snow of color." And half-breed mutts make the best yellow snow. (There's a title to a children's book in there somewhere.)

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger The middle child said...

Harry Potter and The Yellow Mudblood Snow

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Whoa now there is a name from the past. Hi Mike I'm still in Greece & believe it or not waiting on a project in Russia. I would appreciate hearing from you. Drop me a line on my Yahoo & I'll get back to you.
mudmangr@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home