Sunday, May 28, 2006

Back in the cold seat again

I have returned to the freezer! After 2 months off waiting for a visa I am finally back in the Siberian wastelands; quite a shock after enjoying the warm springtime weather of Atlanta.

I arrived this morning at around 8am after my second all night flight in a row. To welcome my arrival it was snowing...at the end of May? When will summer come to this frozen land? It must be said, however, that most of the winters snow has melted and the town of Novi Urengoy has been transformed from a cute winter wonderland to a garbage dump!!! Under the snow was, as I suspected, a very ugly industrial city with no concern for beauty only basic funtionality, yuk!! My wife would wither in a place like this.

Lack of sleep is making me morose, I shall return after I have had a good nights sleep.

1 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger kelly said...

There, there... Have a cup of tea. It'll make you feel better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home