Monday, March 13, 2006

The Not So Bad List

This is to counteract the last list because not all is negative

1. Russian food - So far I have to say that the food is very good. Even this far away from civilization the veggies are fresh and the fruit reasonable. The soup we get at lunch is incredible it's called Bortsh (spelling?) They also serve a lot of fish, good for the heart!

2. The fresh air - No doubt about it the air is fresh. But it also has a crisp untainted quality about it. It really stimulates the appetite, if I needed any help!!!

More to come!

2 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger The middle child said...

I assume you are managing some exercise as well, to counteract the effects of the bortschit.

Sorry the ammenities aren't quite up to par, and that the weather is a bit raw. I've heard that the locals have a cure, it's something called 'vodka'.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Freezerburntbrit said...

Ah, yes Vodka. I have never been a big fan of vodka, that is until I came here. We had a barbeque the other day for the launch of this project. In the Russian style many toasts were made and much Vodka drunk. And it was excellent Vodka too. I am now an avid believer particularly since the next morning there was no trace of a heavy head!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home